2018 February Presidents Message
FEBRUARY 2018 PRESIDENTS’ MESSAGE --MARK YOUR CALENDARS NOW!
- Tuesday, 20 February 2018 - 11AM- 10PM: FUNDRAISER AT CALIFORNIA PIZZA KITCHEN (CPK). On this day, CPK will donate 20% of your meal receipt to the CPWC Scholarship Fund when you give your server your coupon. All you need to do is bring our coupon with you (it’s in this newsletter), order, enjoy your meal with your favorite person or a group, and then maybe enjoy a movie at the Downtown Cinema or Palm Theatre. This event is listed in your directory as “Dinner and a Movie”-- this is a great opportunity to see one of the many nominated and award winning movies. Check the Downtown Cinema movie schedules at: http://www.movieexperience.com or the Palm Theatre’s http://www.thepalmtheatre.com . Tuesday is a discounted movie ticket price of $8.50 at the Downtown Cinema.
- February also begins the search for next year’s Board members. Alice Loh and her nomination committee members would love to hear from you if you have been thinking about serving. Chris and I have enjoyed our two terms and will be available to answer questions and/or field your ideas. We both believe in supporting new Board officers! As we approach our 100th Club anniversary in 2024, we hope our Club will flourish and continue to provide a proactive and friendly network for members with service to one another, to our students and to the University!
- Wednesday,14 March 2018 @4:30PM-- Next Board meeting to be held at the downtown Alumni Welcome Center. Join us; the meeting is open to all.
- Saturday, 7 April 2018 @10AM- noon- Our Election and General Meeting to be held at Woods Humane Society Community Room (875 Oklahoma Ave, SLO off of Hwy 1) with an optonal tour of the facility after the meeting. Joy miller is chairing this event.
- In addition to electing a new Board of Officers, we will also be voting on expanding our membership to include Cal Poly Alumni members. This has been proposed in the past, but we believe the time has come to invite our alum to join us. After meeting with Ellen Cohune, Assistant VP for Alumni Outreach at our last Board meeting, we all feel that alumni could bring new energy to the Club, as well as expand opportuities for professional and personal growth in all our sections, fundraising and Club goals.Tell us your ideas and get “on Board” to take our Club into its second 100 years!
Hope to see you all at the California Pizza Kitchen before seeing a great movie! Check our website for specific times and movie we’ll be attending!
Val Barboza and Chris Hoover, Co-Presidents